Most Common Crop Insurance Solution
The main Precision Ag systems used in Crop Insurance are Planting Monitors and Yield Monitoring Devices that can be leveraged to fulfill MPCI planting and production reporting requirements. This method is currently supported by FMIS software which works with the devices that capture electronic data from the field and compiles it to accurately report planting and production information. These systems work together in order to eliminate errors and increase efficiency for both the agent and the grower.
Learn More - Brochure
Precision Ag Opportunities
Agriculture has moved from horse drawn plows and steam powered thrashing machines to large tractors, combines, chemicals, and GMO seed hybrids. Precision Ag is the early 21st century version of this iteration. Everyday systems at the core of agriculture are running through a Precision Ag model, automating what was once a human process.
This movement presents a truly unique opportunity. Today many growers have precision ag technology in their equipment and on their farms. Approximately 60% of tillable land in the USA incorporates Precision Ag technology according to the Crop Life Institution and the number is growing. This offers a unique opportunity to collaborate and be a part of this growing trend. Undoubtedly, the people in a position of knowledge and trust will lead the adoption of its use.
Growers that use Precision Ag equipment are finding they need help handling all of the data. They need a “trusted advisor” to help them decide how to use their data to improve their operation and impact their bottom line.
The opportunity and need for Precision Ag related data services continues to grow at an alarming rate. These services are financially lucrative and will continue to become more common as they are developed to fulfill insurance reporting requirements.
Crop insurance agents have long been positioned as the most “trusted advisor” with private grower data. The next step is for growers to trust their crop insurance agent with their Precision Ag data as well. Growers already trust agents with sensitive personal information and adding Precision Ag services to that existing relationship is a natural and economical fit that will benefit the grower, as well as the agent, both now and into the future.
The services below are examples of how others in the agricultural industry are using Precision Ag to assist their customers.
- Clean up and/or processing which may include yield, as-applied (seeding, spraying, etc.), remotely sensed, and weather data.
- Creation of prescription (Rx) maps for variable rate application which could be for seeding, spraying, fertilizing, or soil testing and could be created from the many different types of data available.
- Storage and Security using a cloud based service to manage stored and secure data so it can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
- Analytical Service which gathers data from weather, location, imagery, and yield data to create a range of automated prediction models and tools to better aide in decision making for growers and large corporate groups.
- Agronomic Data Analysis recommending Precision Ag equipment and data or sites-specific decision support for seeding, spraying, irrigation, or fertilizing.
- Hardware (MICS): Including Sales, Setup, Training, Support
- Software (FMIS): Including Sales, Setup, Training, Support
- Main Advisor: Helping the grower decide which of the above practices best suits his operation and who to work with and trust.
I'm ready to get started
I'm an agentI'm a grower