Per Product Management Bulletin PM-23-047, The Rainfall Index (RI) Common Policy, and the Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF) Crop Provisions for 2024 and succeeding crop year for the August 31, 2023, contract change date and for the 2025 crop year for insurance plans with a contract change date prior to August 31, 2023 have been revise. The changes include:
- PFR Crop Provisions
- Add bison to the definition of livestock and clarify livestock must be produced or maintained as part of an agriculture operation.
- Clarify land should be suitable for haying or grazing at acreage reporting time.
- Add examples of ground cover that would make haying impractical.
- RI Basic Provision
- Update organic provisions to make consistent with the National Organic Program.
- Modify language to match the Common Crop Insurance Policy (CCIP) Basic Provisions clarifying double cropping records when another policy has different requirements.
Early Iowa Corn Harvest Yields Surprise and DelightSeptember 20, 2023
Whole-Farm Revenue Protection (WFRP) Pilot Plan of Insurance and Micro Farm Program Crop Insurance ChangesSeptember 22, 2023
Drought Conditions, Water Levels May Impact Remainder of 2023September 25, 2023
USDA Approves $70 Million for Conservation Efforts Among Underserved ProducersSeptember 25, 2023
How Does a Government Shutdown Impact Agriculture?September 26, 2023