Home > News > Roughly 20% of Remaining California Table Grape Crop Damaged by Hilary

About 20% of California’s table grape crop has been damaged by Tropical Storm Hilary. Grape growers had already harvest about 25 – 30% of the table grape crop, meaning that of the remaining 70%, 20% suffered storm damage. Grapes that were covered and near harvest were mostly unharmed, along with grape varieties with thicker skin.

Grape growers who were impacted by Hilary need to report to their crop insurance agent and turn in a Notice of Loss. While the 20% loss is significant and will be felt through the middle of November, the remaining crop should be harvested as normal.

Read more on Tropical Storm Hilary’s impact on California table grapes here.


Be among the first to learn about the ever-changing crop insurance industry by subscribing to the ProAgMessaging system.