As we all work to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19 to our communities, ProAg wants to assure you we have plans and procedures in place. Our pandemic operations plan allows us to seamlessly provide superior customer service to both our agents and growers with little-to-no deviation from our normal working procedures.
We take the health of our employees, agents and customers seriously. We are keeping ourselves up-to-date on preventative measures, as well as following the recommended precautions and guidance provided by our local, state and national leaders. All of our offices remain open. All of our employees have been offered the opportunity to work remotely and business operations are continuing as usual.
ProAg is ready to deliver service to our customers with the utmost care during this national emergency. We will continue to keep you advised and updated as we have additional information to share. Together, we will work through these challenges and continue to assist our customers while balancing the concerns of family, personal health and the stability of our communities. We are at work, so please, let us know if there is anything we can do to serve you.
MPCI Crop Insurance and USDA Resources
USDA RMA Manager’s Bulletins
- MGR-20-005 COVID-19 and Crop Insurance Deadlines
- MGR-20-006 COVID-19 and Impact on Production Reporting Date (PRD) for Crops Insured Under the Common Crop Insurance Policy, Basic Provisions
- MGR-20-006.1 COVID-19 and Impact on Production Reporting Date (PRD) for Crops
- MGR-20-007 COVID-19 Relief – Deferral of Interest Charges on Crop Insurance Premiums
- MGR-20-008 COVID-19 Relief: Self-Certification Replant Inspections & Assignment of Indemnity Witness Waiver
- MGR-20-009 COVID-19 and Crop Insurance Deadlines – Additional Relief
- MGR-20-010 Dumped Milk on Dairy Revenue Protection and Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Policies
- MGR-20-013 COVID-19 Relief for Organic Plans and Certificates Due at Acreage Reporting
- MGR-20-014 Livestock Risk Protection for Lamb Data Series Change and Suspension of Sales
- MGR-20-015 COVID-19 FSA Acreage Reporting Date
- MGR-20-016 COVID-19 Additional Deferral of Interest Charges
- MGR-20-017 Dairy Revenue Protection Sales Period Modification
- MGR-20-020 COVID-19 FSA Acreage Reporting Date
USDA RMA FAQs
Producers with questions on crop insurance flexibilities should visit farmers.gov/coronavirus or contact their trusted ProAg crop insurance agent.
Our trusted ProAg crop insurance agents should continue to watch for announcements and helpful information on the ProAgPortal® intranet or contact their ProAg account representative.
Private Crop Hail and Named Peril Policies
Private Crop Hail and Named Peril Policy Actions
We understand COVID-19 may have impacted your ability to meet any remaining 2019 private-product premium and interest billings. You can easily contact us at (800) 366-2767 if you are having difficulty paying your latest ProAg bills. Please see the extensions noted below and know that we will work together with you to alleviate the difficulties related to your insurance coverage the pandemic may be causing you.
Numerous state insurance departments have issued COVID-19 related bulletins impacting a variety of issues such as the extension of premium grace periods, a moratorium on cancellations, agent license renewals and agent continuing education courses. These bulletins have varying time periods of effect. A list of all COVID-19 actions taken by states is being maintained by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners at the following website: https://content.naic.org/naic_coronavirus_info.htm. You may search by your home state if you wish to see the actual bulletins.
ProAg and its related companies are taking the following actions related to private hail or name-peril policies which we believe to be compliant with the various bulletins and which we hope will accommodate your needs*:
- ProAg is placing a moratorium on any cancellations/non-renewals for non-payment of premium until June 1, 2020;
- ProAg is waiving any late payment fees through June 1, 2020;
- ProAg is extending any due dates for premium through June 1, 2020;
- ProAg is deferring any non-renewal underwriting actions through June 1, 2020;
- ProAg will not be initiating any new collection actions through June 1, 2020; and
- ProAg is suspending any current collection actions through June 1, 2020.
* Should a state extend the effective period of a bulletin beyond June 1, 2020, ProAg will extend its deadlines accordingly. Please see RMA-issued bulletins for any relief provided for federally-reinsured MPCI policies.
NOTE: Should any currently due amounts not be paid by June 1, 2020 and renewal applications, as provided by current policy provisions, not be received by June 1, 2020, policies will be cancelled as of June 1, 2020 and any extension of coverage due to state regulatory requirements shall end as of June 1, 2020.
ProAg Online Resources
ProAg remains dedicated to providing our agents and policyholders with the best online tools to be successful, but in these unprecedented times, they are more valuable than ever. ProAg insureds may be looking for online options that our trusted ProAg agents have the opportunity to provide through the myProAg™ policyholder portal, such as online bill pay and indemnity direct deposit.
For more information on all the options available to manage your policy online, contact your trusted ProAg agent or see our website at https://www.proag.com/technology/myproag/.