Putting stability into market volatility
Declining market prices are one of the primary threats to the profitability of ranchers and producers. ProAg proudly offers Livestock Risk Protection from the Federal Livestock Program as an option for your operation. LRP protects your investment should prices drop before your livestock get to market while preserving your upside potential. Protect your operation today.
Livestock Risk Protection (LRP)
Livestock Risk Protection (LRP) insures against declining market prices (based on USDA’s Agricultural Market Service).
- Available for fed cattle, feeder cattle and swine.
- Flexible coverage levels ranging from 70-100% of the expected ending market value of animals.
- Peace of mind for producers to establish a floor price for protection while leaving upside price potential open.
- No minimum head counts allow producers to tailor coverage to their operation.
- Typically costs less than other coverage options and federal subsidies are also available.
- Does not insure against death, loss, or any other loss or damage to the producer’s animals.
- No margin calls or brokerage fees.
- Flexibility of number of head that can be insured with increased limits.
- Premiums are now due at the end of coverage period, allowing producers to budget more efficiently.
New for 2023! Coverage updates include increased head limits for fed cattle, feeder cattle and swine; while also requiring eligible indemnities be paid within 30 days (previously 60 days). The termination date has also been extended from June 30 to August 31.
- Contact a trusted ProAg agent for more information about the Federal Livestock Program.
Dive deeper with these resources.