You can't make it rain...
but you can buy PRF insurance.
ProAg Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF) insurance offers protection against forage loss due to the lack of precipitation on acres grown with the intended use of grazing or haying. This program helps growers cover their increased costs for feed, destocking, depopulating or other actions which can be incurred during dry periods. The PRF program utilizes a rainfall index, within a specified area, to determine precipitation for coverage purposes and does not measure production or loss of products themselves.
Policy benefits to growers include:
- Flexible coverage options
- Rainfall-index-based coverage
- Addresses out-of-pocket forage loss costs (e.g., feed, destocking, depopulating, etc.)
- Minimal reporting requirements
- Easy-to-use online quoting with the myProAg™ policyholder portal for current customers
- Available in the 48 contiguous states (with a few international grid exceptions)