To help agricultural producers offset the impacts of natural disasters in 2020 and 2021, Congress included emergency relief funding in the Extending Government Funding and Delivering Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 117-43). This Act includes $10 billion in assistance to agricultural producers impacted by wildfires, droughts, hurricanes, winter storms and other eligible disasters experienced during the calendar years 2020 and 2021. Additionally, this law targets at least $750 million for livestock producers impacted by drought or wildfires.
USDA continues to develop the programs, policies and provisions required to distribute these payments to producers hard-hit by catastrophic disaster events in the past two years. USDA will keep producers and stakeholders informed as program details are available.
Funds will be distributed through the Emergency Livestock Relief Program (ELRP) and the Emergency Relief Program (ERP).
Are there resources available from USDA?
General Program Links
- Emergency Relief Program (USDA.GOV)
- Emergency Relief Program Press Release
- Emergency Livestock Relief Press Release
- Top 6 Emergency Relief Program Checklist Items for Eligible Farmers
- Emergency Relief Program (ERP) Fact Sheet
- Emergency Livestock Relief Program (ELRP) Fact Sheet
- USDA Frequently Asked Questions on ELRP, ERP and Additional FAQs for ERP (6/6/2022)
- ERP Notice of Funding Availability
- ELRP Notice of Funding Availability
- Deadline Extended and More Pre-Filled Forms For 2020 and 2021 Disasters on the Way
- USDA to Mail Additional Pre-Filled Applications to Producers Impacted by 2020, 2021 Disasters
The USDA Risk Management Agency (RMA) has also provided crop insurance specific information regarding ERP. Please follow the links provided.
Emergency Relief Program (ERP)
- Continuing Interest – Emergency Relief Program and Natural Disaster Resources
- ERP Information for Insurance Professionals
- RMA Frequently Asked Questions
- RMA Additional Frequently Asked Questions (includes original FAQs plus additional questions from June 6, 2022)
- Additional Emergency Relief Program Frequently Asked Questions (July 20,2022)
- Emergency Relief Program (ERP) Phase 1 for Crop Insurance Policyholders (USDA.gov)
- NEW! Additional Emergency Relief Program September 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
- NEW! Additional Emergency Relief Program October 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
ProAg Agent Resources
ProAg agents can find an Emergency Relief Program (ERP) Agent Question Submission form on the ProAgPortal® intranet. NCIS weekly Questions & Answers on ERP will also be placed on ProAgPortal for review. Please contact your trusted ProAg District Sales Manager for more information.