Acreage reporting for some of our largest dates is quickly approaching, and several planting seasons are underway. Below are a few reminders to review as the acreage report verification process is completed:
- Verify the acreage report is completed on a ProAg form.
- Verify all applicable information has been included for each unit, including, but not limited to: state, county, crop(s), plan, coverage level, CLU, unit number, acreage type, number of acres, date planting was completed, insured’s share, name of others sharing in the crop, etc.
- Confirm any changes in unit numbering/unit structure, legal descriptions, share arrangement, etc. are supported with documentation.
- If applicable to the policy, verify area classifications.
- If applicable to the policy, verify any newly created added land / new P / T / TMA units are established meeting all the requirements outlined in the Crop Insurance Handbook (CIH).
- When/if acreage is planted late, verify the acreage is reported daily with the applicable plant date.
- If prevented planting (PP) acreage is reported, verify applicable guidelines were followed regarding the initial acreage report, intended acreage report, separate line entries for PP acreage eligible for 100% of the PP, and separate line entries for PP acreage limited to 35% of the PP payment, etc.
- If applicable to the policy, provide required contracts and/or organic certificates and plans.
- If applicable to the policy, verify high-risk land.
- Verify the acreage reporting form has been properly signed and timely dated by both the insured and the agent
For any questions you may have on processing acreage reports, please reference the following TOPE process documents found within the ProAgPortal intranet under the Processes Tab or contact your trusted ProAg crop insurance representative:
Trade Panel Rejects U.S. Complaint on Canada USMCA Dairy ImplementationNovember 29, 2023
Fifth Circuit Court Sides with Oil Refiners in Waiver RequestsNovember 29, 2023
Early Prevention, Treatment Key to Managing Pinkeye in Dairy HerdsNovember 30, 2023
Avian Influenza Death Toll Climbs as Migration Season EnsuesNovember 30, 2023
Iowa Finishes Corn and Soybean Harvest With Optimistic Yield ResultsDecember 1, 2023