ProAg is proud to support women in the agriculture industry and offer this rewarding opportunity for a student to attend the Women in Agribusiness (WIA) Summit in Nashville, Tennessee September 26-28, 2023.
Hear from past scholarship recipients:
Faith Taunton and JaDee Brumley were the 2022 ProAg Women in Agribusiness Scholarship recipients. Learn more about the pair and hear about their experience with the conference, the ProAg team and the other professionals at the event.
The Women in Agribusiness Summit showed the amount of opportunity that’s out there in the world.
Before proceeding, please review the following:
The ProAg Women in Agribusiness Scholarship will defray the cost of attending the annual WIA Summit for a student who has shown a strong interest in developing a career in the agribusiness industry. If chosen for this ProAg scholarship, WIA will provide you with an acceptance letter to share with your college or advisors stating why you will not be able to attend classes for those three days.
- Registration for the three-day WIA Summit
- Three nights lodging at a hotel (if needed)
- Meals provided at the event
- One-year WIA Membership; providing access to conference content and member directory
The following are not included:
- Transportation to Nashville, Tennessee
- Meals outside of the event
Event attendance requirements
- Recipients are expected to participate in all conference activities, including sessions, networking opportunities and the sponsored student-only breakfast.
- Recipients will be introduced to the corporate sponsor of their scholarship, ProAg, and are expected to be available to meet either in-person at the event or virtually, if necessary.
WIA Scholarship eligibility
The WIA Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, physical ability, or sexual orientation. The full non-discrimination statement for ProAg can be found in the footer on ProAg.com.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time and be in good standing at an accredited college or university as an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral candidate.
- Applicants’ areas of study must be in an agricultural-related field or any related field with an intent to join the crop insurance industry. Note: If you are majoring outside this field, you may be considered if you provide a convincing argument in the statement portion of this application as to how the WIA Summit will benefit your career path.
- Recipients must be able to travel to Nashville, Tennessee, September 25 – 28, 2023.
- Only complete applications will be considered. The deadline is June 16, 2023.
- Applicants not chosen for the 2023 ProAg WIA Summit may re-apply for the 2024 WIA Summit.
- Applications that are not chosen for the ProAg scholarship, will be forwarded to WIA to be entered into their scholarship process.
Please gather the following before proceeding to the application:
- Your resume
- Hi-resolution headshot
- A one-page (approx. 500-700 words) statement describing your educational and career goals in greater detail and how you believe attending the WIA will benefit your career path. This statement should reflect your plans for the future, not recap the information on your resume and application. You may also include any other information you feel is important for us to know.
It was a great experience to be surrounded by female ag leaders in one big city, under one roof. I highly recommend it.