Does your current crop insurance coverage fall short of your farm revenue or yield needs? Do you need to increase the coverage provided by your Federal Crop Insurance policy?
Find the solution in ProAg’s Increased Coverage Election* (ICE) named peril policy. The ICE policy supplements the coverage provided by the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) policies. By purchasing the ICE policy, an insured can
- supplement their protection through either increasing the price election selected on an applicable underlying Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) or
- supplement the MPCI coverage with additional coverage against yield loss and/or revenue loss within a selected coverage band.
Key ICE Policy Highlights
- The ICE policy is an annual policy.
- A fully executed application must be submitted by the underlying MPCI policies sales closing date.
- The annual premium is due October 1st.
- The available unit structure for the ICE Policy will be basic, optional or enterprise as defined by the MPCI Common Crop Insurance policy provisions.
- The unit structure for ICE does not have to match the unit structure of the underlying MPCI policy, however the unit structure choice still needs to be selected at the time of application with the disclaimer included.
- ICE unit structure will not follow the Multi County Enterprise Units (MCEU) for the underlying MPCI policy.
- ICE coverage is not available with Catastrophic Risk Protection (CAT) coverage or Area Risk Protection Insurance (ARPI) plans.
- The per-acre yield will be the same as the “approved yield” calculated with your underlying policy or selected optional unit structure (including the Trend Adjusted Yield, where applicable). Any reduction in coverage to your MPCI policy or selected optional units due to late planting will reduce the applicable yield in an equivalent percentage amount.
- The ICE Liability Factor is a percent of maximum available liability selected by the insured. The factor is between 50% and 100% of the ICE Liability. The factor is applied to the selected band of coverage to establish the liability per acre.
Increased Coverage Election is available on the crops listed in the following states (not available in all counties in some states and not all coverage options available in all states):
- Wheat Only – Colorado, Idaho, Kansas and Oregon
- Wheat, Corn and Soybeans – Illinois, Indiana, North Dakota, Ohio and Wisconsin
- Wheat, Corn, Soybeans and Sugar Beets – Michigan, Minnesota and Nebraska
- Corn and Soybeans – Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, South Dakota and Tennessee
ICE Coverage Specifics
The insured may select one of the following options, subject to the minimum deductible. Available unit structure for ICE will be optional or enterprise as defined by the Common Crop Insurance Policy basic provisions.
- ICE STACK – Revenue Coverage Options
The insured may select one of the following options: Stack 5-90, Stack 5-95, Stack 10-90, Stack 10-95, Select 15-100 or Stack 15-95. The insured may select to add on a revenue band of coverage subject to a minimum deductible (in dollars) unless otherwise noted. This coverage may not be selected with a gap between or overlaps with the corresponding MPCI coverage level.
- ICE SHIELD – Yield Coverage Only Options
The insured may select one of the following options: Shield 10-90 or Shield 10-95 subject to a minimum deductible. If the AY option is selected there is increased coverage through an increase in selected price. If the insured chooses to increase coverage by adding on an additional price per bushel, then the ICE coverage level will match the applicable MPCI coverage level. The AY option provides yield coverage only.
- ICE SELECT 15-100 – Mandatory Endorsement
The Select option provides additional coverage against revenue losses when the MPCI Harvest Price is greater than the MPCI Projected Price. For this coverage to be provided, a yield loss (below the high end of the coverage band) would need to be triggered for the selected coverage. The maximum allowable increase in price will be 20% of the MPCI Projected Price.
ICE Coverage Options
Additional Loss Deductibles
The insured will be required to select a loss deductible from the following options for their policy based on the coverage band that has been selected. This option could affect how and when the loss is triggered.
*1 – None – No additional deductible applied to loss
*2 – Proportional – Disappearing deductible as the loss increases
*3 – Full – No indemnity due until lower band is triggered. Full liability due when lower band is triggered.
Learn about other products available in your state.
Contact Us for Complete Policy Details
See the policy provisions and/or contact your trusted ProAg agent for a complete description of available coverage, terms and conditions.
Not all coverage or products may be available in all jurisdictions. The description of coverage in these pages is for informational purposes only. Actual coverage will vary based on the terms and conditions of the policy issued. The information described herein does not amend, or otherwise affect, the terms and conditions of any insurance policy issued by ProAg or any of its subsidiaries.