Greater Flexibility In Marketing Your Crops By Providing Added Protection From Fluctuating Prices
Price-Flex® is an insurance product that allows greater flexibility in marketing your crops by providing added protection from fluctuating commodity prices.
Price-Flex* allows the producer to choose alternative price discovery periods, including selecting periods before and after the period defined by the Commodity Exchange Price Provisions (CEPP). An alternative price discovery period may be longer (multiple months) or shorter (15 day) than those established by the CEPP. The highest projected price for these alternative price discovery periods is used to establish the revenue guarantee for loss purposes if that price exceeds the projected and harvest prices released by RMA.
The producer must first designate either the Revenue Protection (RP) or the Area Revenue Protection (ARP) insurance plan for the insured crop when the application for Price-Flex coverage is signed. While the producer will not be bound to this selection for their MPCI purchase later, Price-Flex will determine the coverage and benefits based on this initial choice.
- Price-Flex coverage applies at the enterprise unit level (EU) regardless of MPCI policy unit structure
- Growers must declare their intended acres for each crop at the time of sign-up
- Growers must insure all of their acres of a crop in a county with a minimum of at least 25 acres to insure under Price-Flex
- Grower must select at least one Alternative Price Discovery Period when the policy is purchased and may select additional periods until the RMA sales closing date of the applicable crop in their county.
- Failure to have an MPCI insurance policy in effect for the crop year will result in no indemnity under the Price-Flex program.
Price-Flex is available for corn, cotton, soybeans, and wheat in all counties where there are either ARP or RP offers for all sales closing dates.
Contact Us for Complete Policy Details
See the policy provisions and/or contact your ProAg agent for a complete description of available coverages and their terms and conditions.
*Coverage is summarized. Refer to the actual policy for applicable terms, conditions, limits and exclusions. Price-Flex® is a registered trademark of Watts & Associates.
Not all coverage or products may be available in all jurisdictions. The description of coverage in these pages is for informational purposes only. Actual coverage will vary based on the terms and conditions of the policy issued. The information described herein does not amend, or otherwise affect, the terms and conditions of any insurance policy issued by ProAg or any of its subsidiaries.